MVMSA AREA REPRESENTATIVE DUTY STATEMENT
Area of responsibility:
All field office and headquarters units assigned to their area of responsibility.
Duties and responsibilities
As a MVMSA Area Representative your duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Attend regular board meetings
- Attend Annual Conference
- Hold area meeting at least one per year
- Keep your area members informed of association activities
- Receive suggestions, resolutions, complaints and requests from the membership (if you are unavailable to assist a member or the issue is beyond your expertise email the president for referral to Hughes & Svetich)
- Promote, encourage and secure membership
Board Meeting Agenda Notes:
- Provide information relative to your area such as, but not limited to:
- Program and Policy concerns
- Update on any Employee Assistance Request
- Update on member assistance
- Area meetings can be held at restaurants or locations where meetings rooms are available. If you have your meeting at a restaurant you don’t have to worry about catering, however you need to make sure they have a large enough meeting room.
- Provide information to members and potential members such as, but not limited to:<
- Training on relative work related topics for managers such as Communications, Disciplinary Documentation, Leadership, Coaching, Time Management, etc.
- Secure speakers from various Divisions, Human Resources, DTB, WC, EEO, EAP, Division Executives, Hughes & Svetich, AFLAC, etc. You can use the same format as the annual conferences except on a smaller scale.
- Area representative budget is $400, prior approval is required if your cost will exceed your budget.